As UX and Experience Design become more well-known and in-demand, it can be challenging to continue ensuring a rigorous, user-focused research and design process. This inaugural kickoff of the "UX LOVE" collaboration between iCrossing and Traceable Change brought a panel of industry experts together to discuss the trials, tribulations, and solutions to keep the user centrally focused in the UX process. During this panel we discussed how timelines, team dynamics, budgets, (and many other factors) challenge us to strike the balance between give and take, and how to maintain a strong and thorough process in the face of these challenges.
Panelists included the following UX and industry professionals:
- Martin Ho - Founder, Experience Designer Traceable Change, Inc.,
- Joanne Glennon - User Experience Managing Architect, Allstate Insurance Company,
- Steve Shay - ECD User Experience Design, iCrossing,
- Elena Parlatore - Senior Director, Consumer Relations, NA Nutrition and Digital Innovation, PepsiCo,
- Terrence Roche - SVP, Experience Strategy, Kellen,
- Moderator: Whitney McKedy - Founder, Experience Designer Traceable Change, Inc.